West Calcasieu Cameron Hospital (WCCH) welcomes visitors; however, certain guidelines are in place to help ensure that our patients benefit most from your visit.
Visitor guidelines that have been created to protect patients include:
- Only one person is allowed to spend the night with the patient.
- Visitors should be free of respiratory or communicable infections.
- Observe the confidentiality and privacy of other patients.
- Assist staff by leaving the room during tests, treatments, or exams if asked.
- A responsible adult must accompany all children under age 12. All children visiting a patient must remain in the patient room.
- No children under the age of 12 are allowed in the Intensive Care Unit.
- Live plants and animals are not allowed in patient rooms.
The Auxiliary Gift Shoppe is located on the first floor near the Stelly Lane/South Entrance. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and on Saturday from 8 a.m. – noon.
Some patients have allergies to latex products. The latex powder on balloons can cause severe reactions in these patients. Therefore, latex balloons are not permitted in the hospital. Mylar balloons are acceptable.
Several waiting rooms are available throughout the hospital for visitors and family members to rest during their loved one’s stay. Waiting rooms for day surgery and ICU are available on the second floor of the hospital’s new expansion. Several other waiting areas are available throughout the hospital for those seeking outpatient services.
For your convenience, there are automatic teller machines (ATMs) located in the north parking lot next to the Cypress Street entrance and in the main hallway by the Emergency Department.
Clergy members are welcome to visit with you and your family during your hospital stay. Your nurse can assist you in contacting the clergy.
Wireless Internet Service
To access this free service, your laptop needs a wireless card. Please be courteous to other patients and visitors while using your computer and keep the volume muted or use headphones. To access our free wireless internet service, please contact your nurse for log-in instructions.
WCCH has designated two areas on campus for patient and visitor smoking. The designated areas for patient and visitor smoking include the area located by the Emergency Department entrance (designated by signage) and the area near employee parking on the west side of the hospital’s campus.
The WCCH Cafeteria is located on the first floor of the hospital, near the Cypress Street entrance.
From the entrance, follow the main hallway south and turn right at the first hallway. Visitors are welcome to dine in the cafeteria. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday from 7 a.m. – 1 p.m. The WCCH Cafeteria accepts both cash and credit as forms of payment. Vending machines for snacks and beverages are accessible 24 hours a day, except those located in the Cafeteria. They can be found in the following locations:
- Labor & Delivery Waiting Area – located across from the Outpatient Pharmacy on the first floor
- Snack Room – located near the Emergency Department waiting room
- Intensive Care Waiting Area – located on the second floor, near the ICU waiting room
- Cafeteria – located on the first floor and accessible during cafeteria hours